#31 Lady GaGa feat. Colby O'Donis & Akon, "Just Dance"



Where are my keys
I lost my phone


My position on Lady GaGa stands at what it was this summer--underwhelming album (compared to what I expect from a popular international artist) and still not totally sold on her as a popstar--but "Just Dance" remains just as great as it was the first time it debuted on the world out of nowhere. I don't believe "Just Dance" was nearly as guaranteed a U.S. hit as its success around the globe might imply--without the massive backing from her label, it could have sunk as easily as many a great quirky pop track did here when labels weren't willing to provide similar support levels--but I'd be crazy if I thought this was anything other than a fantastic exciting song, one that is more than welcome on my American radio any day and as much as DJs want to play it. The introduction and incarnation of Swedish producer RedOne's latest sound (though certainly not his first great song), "Just Dance" suffers just a bit for me because I've never been a fan of the Lady GaGa performed middle 8--I can see its use as a moment for spazzy dancing, but the melody gets so lost there that it always takes me out of the song. Still, save for that one section, it's nonstop fun, the sort of song perfect for the very actions its lyrics describe.

Find it on: Lady GaGa

Followers