#69 Neon Neon, "I Told Her On Alderaan"



(Only the first half of the video is for "I Told Her On Alderaan"--the second half is for the other part of the AA side).

I told her on Alderaan
That nothing else was going on

I've yet to figure out good ways to describe and differentiate between all the various types of '80's electro-influenced music we've got going on at the moment. As a result, the best I can do in getting across what "I Told Her On Alderaan" sounds like is this: casual '80's electro that is effortlessly slick and smooth, the kind that manages to be cool, dorky, and accessible pop all at the same time. That really doesn't give you a very good idea of what this hugely welcome surprise sounds like, though; I'd be just as well off to tell you that it sounds like one of its own lines, silver pylons in the sun.

(Incidentally, in case the title line of this song isn't enough '80's sci-fi nostalgia for you, "I Told Her On Alderaan" is taken from a concept album based on the life of car magnate John DeLorean, who developed and gave his name to a certain car that ended up going back to the future.)

Find it on: Stainless Style

Followers