If you want my b-body come get, get it now

I realize disappearing for a few days and then returning with a post on a subject you've already read about all over the Internet is not exactly the way to keep people excited, but Booty Luv's new single "Say It" is too great for me to let pass without a mention.



Receiving its first play on the radio last week, the lead single for the British dance-pop duo's second album has had me throwing my hands in the air rave-like since I first heard it (which, much like air drumming to the drum roll into the last chorus of Kelly Clarkson's "My Life Would Suck Without You," is apparently not a good thing to do while driving--who knew?), but it's also a step towards a greater pop consciousness for a group which was already infectiously fun. Add some stuttering (something I'm always a sucker for) and a siren and you've got something I'm guaranteed to be playing all year long.

I knew they'd been doing some work with Swedes with their album, but I didn't know for certain that that extended beyond the one song I've written about before. "Say It" is apparently produced by Airborn, a Swedish production configuration I'd never heard of before but includes Didrik Thott, who I'm pleased to hear involving himself again in dance-pop after a lot of serious guitar-based productions. If they work with fellow Swede Carl Ryden again, we've got a real trend going.

"Say It" is, ridiculously, due out in August.

Followers