I see your strategy

As hoped, Darin performed a few songs from his new album last night. Since we've heard bits of "Drowning" and "Only You Can Save Me" before, the song of note is "Lovekiller," his new single. Listen to some it it below. Thanks go out to the person who recorded it.



Of note: it's a ballad. Much as I'm eager to hear a new uptempo Darin song (partly because it's been so long and partly to reassure myself as to the album having another side), ballads seem to be what sells for him these days, so I can understand the choice. I like the obviously previously recorded backing vocals, and I'm saying that sincerely; it's a great production touch. I'm still eager to hear the studio version--after all, I was just saying I wanted more songs like "Out Of My Life"--though I'll understand if this dampens the excitement for some people.

Followers