I think I'm in trouble, trouble, trouble

I would like to claim the lack of posts recently is a result of general holiday hectic-ness--relatives, last minute shopping, that sort of stuff--but to be honest, up until today these past few days, though they've included some gift shopping, have mainly consisted of me sitting on the couch eating pudding while watching Craig Horner's first scene in the Legend of the Seeker pilot in high def and rewatching Speed while constantly proclaiming how awesome it is (it really is, though). My little time spent at the computer has mainly consisted of trying to figure out whether the ridiculously awful haircut on the '05 model of Canadian singer Shawn Desman can be tolerated. Let's be honest, though:

He does pop-R&B that sometimes ventures into fun up-tempo territory, including Yaz sample...



...he does choreographed dance routines...



...anything beyond that--even the really forced awkward macho hip-hop posturing that I think we can all guess the reason for--is really immaterial.

So that I can still keep up the pretense that this post meets my "only about music" standard, here's "Pullin' Me Back," a leaked track that may make it onto his third album, when/if it should be released. It's a cute pop-R&B thing which, despite being mid-tempo, has a strong enough percussion beat behind it that you could make up a dance routine to it. I really like it, but I can't imagine it as a comeback single; then again, I loved Jesse McCartney's "Leavin'" but thought it stood no chance in the U.S., so what do I know.

As I said, "Pullin' Me Back" is not released yet, but you can buy Shawn Desman's second and most recent album, Back For More, here (physical).

Next up: I might start my countdown, but maybe not.

Followers