Nobody I'd rather be


As we wait to find out whether newspaper predictions that Johan Becker/Star Pilots will sing Melodifestival track "Higher," Star Pilots themselves are apparently releasing a new single. Much like their (fantastic) debut, "In The Heat Of The Night," it sounds like a cross between Uniting Nations and Sunblock. Unlike their debut, it's a cover--of Chesney Hawkes's "The One And Only." Listen to a clip of it here. Despite Chesney's song being from the early '90's and this cover being a product of 2008, I doubt the song has ever sounded more like it belongs on an '80's sound track.

Can I just confess that I have a giant weakness for uplifting dance-pop in this style? If they are in Melodifestivalen and they continue in this style, I'm going to fall head over heels for their track (as long as it's got a good melody).

Followers