I'll take you there if you let me, baby

All right, Andreas Carlsson, you win. I'm not sure that you deserve the credit for an element that's a big part of making your track on Danny's new album, "Utopia," as fantastic as it is--the little string hook--but I love the track, so my whole "I can't remember the last track from Andreas I really loved" statement has to be tossed out the window (and to be fair, "Waking Up In Vegas" is apparently by you, too, and I liked that enough to post it).

In case anyone else cares, here's the songwriting credits for Danny's latest album (keep in mind this is just what the CD registers--it might not be the same or as type-o free as the album booklet):

1.) Radio (Tobias Gustavsson/Michael Zitron/Niclas Kings)
2.) Kiss You All Over (H. Bell/T. Ottoh/C. Falk) (sadly not Christian Falk, I'm pretty sure, but Carl Falk; fantastic song, though, and the first one in that video we heard)
3.) Emely (A. Aly/H. Wikström)
4.) Utopia (A. Carlsson/K. Engström) (that string hook, the thing that sounds like it is a sample or should be sampled, plays a huge part in making this song great, but the melody and lyrics are great, too; it all adds up to a top-quality song, and the song that was almost the one I posted today. In fact, I'm still kind of thinking I should have gone with it)
5.) All On You (M. Feiner/E. Amarillo) (a.k.a. The Attic, and you can definitely hear that in the track, even before Michael Feiner comes in on backing vocals)
6.) Unite This Heart (Danny Saucedo/T. Gustavsson/M. Zitron)
7.) Need To Know (J. Törnqvist/Danny Saucedo/T. Skyldeberg)
8.) Set Your Body Free (T. Cruz) (in retrospect, this should have been obvious and makes perfect sense--I mean, if you've heard his album, or even just "Come On Girl," you can completely hear it, though more so in Avenue's original version)
9.) Running Away (Danny Saucedo/O. Görres)
10.) Schitzophrenia (M.Clauss/H. Andersson-Tervald)
11.) Turn Off The Sound (O. Görres/Danny Saucedo) (Danny and Oscar make for a pretty fantastic songwriting team, I have to say; "Running Away" and "Turn Off The Sound" are both excellent for me. Actually, Danny himself seems to be a pretty good songwriter, though it's difficult to know who contributed what to tracks)
12.) Just Like That (C. Vikberg/A. Jonsson/Danny Saucedo/Lazee) (featuring something I never expected on a Danny album: a rap. From Lazee, I presume. Still a great song, though different in that it has maybe with a little R&B influence in the melody, especially in the verses; solidly soaked in dance, though, don't worry)
13.) If Only You (Vincent Pontare/Michel Zitron/Somajo)
14.) Tokyo (Anoo. Bhagavan/Niclas von der Burg/Jonas von der Burg)

I'm not complaining, but I thought we'd be seeing more Michel Zitron. Maybe he had a more oversight-oriented role?

I imagine I will be writing about this album in more depth later. There are many things that need to be said.

If you want the album, buy it digitally here or pre-order it physically here (well, it'll probably ship immediately or within a few days, considering it's out next week).

Next up: maybe more about this album.

Followers