It's 2 AM, I can't decide what I'm doin'

I've had some questions about the other JC Chasez demo I alluded to in the comments of my "Don't Stop" post come in. I'm just going to copy and paste my response to one of them:

The other demo I've got is "La La Land." To be honest, the reason I've been dragging my feet about posting it is that it's more of an interesting little oddity than a song to stir up excitement--more mid-tempo stream-of-consciousness than a typically melodic song. I wouldn't be leaking it since it was posted elsewhere on the Internet in a legitimate way, but given that it seems it's not been widely heard, it does worry me that it might in some way disillusion people. It's just an outtake, but sometimes, when you hear so little new music from an act you love, you end up reading too much into the random tracks you do get to hear.

Still, I definitely know how it is to want to hear anything an artist has recorded, even if it's not single-quality material, so I'll try to post the song soon.

I should probably have clarified that by saying that I know hardcore fans have been through enough to usually understand the difference between an unused song and a song that an artist intends to use as part of a comeback--it's casual commenters who sometimes don't pay attention to the difference.

Anyway, with all that in mind, here's a the key part of this post that is less a "you must listen to this song!" post and more a "for the fans" post: "La La Land," which finds JC engaging in rambling verses about life in Los Angeles and casually "la la la"ing his way through the short chorus. You could make the argument that the casualness of the whole thing fits in with the the way he's parodying being caught up in the fame-loving LA scene, with hipster cred being equated to acting as if you don't care. The end result is still a song that feels more like an extended (arguably humorous) interlude, but, hey, you get to hear his voice.

La La Land by poppostergirl

"La La Land" is unreleased, but you can buy JC Chasez's debut solo album Schizophrenic here (physical) or here (digital).

Followers