Can I get a minute and a couple seconds of your time?

Darin correction: Darin's official site posted yesterday that "Runaway" is the official new single from the Swedish artist and is being promoted to Swedish radio stations. Despite that, I know stations just got shipped a version of "What If" (listed as an album bonus track despite being on all versions of the album) credited to "Darin featuring Friends" or "Friends featuring Darin" which was made available digitally for purpose today; he filmed video for "What If," too.

I think the situation is what I initially thought it was: "What If" is just to promote an anti-bullying campaign for the organization Friends. "Runaway" is the actual third single from Flashback.

"Runaway" isn't a bad song by any stretch and it would be more than welcome on my American radio any day, but it's very much not in my top tier of songs from the album (if we're talking of things other than club-friendly urban dance tracks, "Road Trip" and "Paradise" are far ahead of it in my eyes). Still, my taste in Darin's music and the Swedish public's taste doesn't seem to line up very often, so I'll be hoping the single and maybe his performance during the interval of Melodifestivalen about a week ago can give the album a bit of a sales boost, something it really needs.

Followers