I just wanna go back in time

Guess who's back?

Well, me, but that's besides the point.

The real news: Linda Sundblad is releasing a new single.

Since her 2006 debut solo album, the former Lambretta single has kept herself busy by hosting a Swedish radio show and composing songs for other artists--great songs like Elin Lanto's "Speak 'n Spell" and Fibes, Oh Fibes!'s new Kim Wilde-featuring "Run To You" --but now she's finally coming back to that solo career. Her new single, "2 All My Girls" or "To All My Girls," is coming out soon; one site says it's released on September 7, but if that's to radio or commercially, I'm not sure. That same site refers to it as a proper pop song with an '80s-styled video (which was made by the same people who made BWO's last few videos and Le Kid's "Mercy Mercy" video). Since she's just finished up her gig with the aforementioned Swedish radio station, she must be preparing for a proper promotional push for this new project.

I can't guarantee the song's quality, but I'm very excited to hear it. Linda's "Lose You" remains as emotionally affecting yet subtle as it was the day it was released, but Oh My God! contained other gems. I'm hoping, though, that this time her album will be even better. As I've written about before, early reports indicated the lead single from Linda's next album would be a rockier, Max Martin and Alexander Kronlund-penned song, but the '80s styled video, her latest collaborators (Johan Bobäck, the Salazar Brothers), and the songs she's composed for other artists recently make me think we could be in for more of pop sound--more electronic than rock, or electronic-meets-rock.

Followers